Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mah Elite Armor, Let Me Show U It

← There it is. Xylia, my Beast Master Ranger, in her pretty Monument Armor from Eye of the North. It's unfortunate that it's on the low side for dyeability (and dye on it tends to really oversaturate, making it hard to get the colour you want), but I really like it anyhow.

Yeah, it's probably not that big of a deal... if I weren't spending money on gaining skills (on 11 different characters, heh) and buying non-elite armor and stuff like that I'd probably have had this a long time ago. I actually plan on getting this character several others, but went with this one first because we just happened to be getting the required faction rank around the time I looked at my bank balance and said "Hrm, I bet I can spare 50k." (Actually, 40k; I didn't buy the headgear, since I never display it on this particular character.)

Xylia's technically my "main" since she's the one I'm working on getting the most titles on, and the "owner" of the majority of my miniatures (non-combat pet things). Also the first character I made in Guild Wars. Ranger, despite some fairly unpleasant nerfing, is probably my favorite profession, enough so that I made a second one, this time without a pet.


People who read my Sims blog might remember I posted a picture of her and her companion (my SO's char) in what I said at the time was expensive armor. Hah. The "expense" of that armor totalled about half of what I spent for one piece of this one. But that was when the majority of my experience was in Prophecies, where it is much harder to earn money. Now that I've been through a large chunk of the rest of the game, I have a different standard for expensive. (Also a different one for "hard".)

There's a good chance my next elite armor will be for my other Ranger and will also be from Eye of the North... but that's going to have to wait. I have to spend a buttload of money trying to earn more Lucky and Unlucky points this weekend during the Canthan New Year festival. And also on more skills, since I'm still working on getting all the skills (especially elites) for Xylia.

No comments:

Post a Comment